This is my twenty-first Top Ten Tuesday post. Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I had to be careful when making my list for this topic to avoid replicating my Top Ten Settings I’d Like To See More Of (Or At All)! Did anyone else have this problem?
4. Ballet – see point three. Since reading Bunheads I’ve added tonnes of books about dancers to my wishlist.
5. Fairytale – I find fairytales irresistible in all their forms, as described a couple of months back in another Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Characters in Modern Fairy Tales and Fairy Tale Retellings.
6. Friends – I love books that explore the dynamics of friendship, such as the Ruby Oliver Quartet. Most recently I enjoyed reading about the problems Echo has with her friends in Pushing the Limits.
7. 1920s – there are many books on my wishlist set or written during the twenties or thirties, and it’s all thanks to the course I took at university that required me to read Vile Bodies.
8. Folklore – further to point five, I really like finding new takes on traditional folklore. I’ve always loved mythology but I think that there is so much more untapped potential in local legends from around the world.
9. Parties – I probably like reading about parties more than actually going to them. Bonus if the party is in historical fiction – see point seven!
10. Heroines – I can’t get enough of inspiring girls and women who grow in strength and resolve to overcome the challenges they face.
Do you share any of my bookish addictions?