This post is so titled because I did this topic the first time around in 2013. All of those words/topics are still things I love to read about, so I really had to rack my brains to think of some more!
Another Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book
1. Nuns – Ever since I first read The Forestwife by Theresa Tomlinson in my early teens, I have loved stories that feature badass nuns. Also I love Call the Midwife, so need I say any more?
2. Mean girls who learn to be kind – I always vastly preferred The Secret Garden to A Little Princess, what more can I say?
3. Disguises, double agents, and general sneakiness – Does a character have to infiltrate something? I’m there.
4. A big old mansion – Ever since I read Sophia Bennett’s Love Song I’ve been obsessed by books with big old mansions in them. Whether a story is contemporary or historical, if the characters get to explore a massive old house, I’m there.
5. Sweary, straight to the point titles on personal development books – The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k, and You Are a Badass, welcome to my TBR.
6. Houseplants – I have added so many books about houseplants to my TBR lately, I am completely obsessed! I love my plants and I love looking at other people’s.
7. Clothes refashioning – This is another one of my favourite topics for non-fiction, I just love them.
8. Children’s classics that I haven’t read yet – I’m catching up on my childhood, okay?
9. Books set in a period of history that I’d never thought about much before – if I pick up a book and the blurb indicates it’s set during some really important time that I know nothing about, it is coming home with me!
10. Someone is standing right in front of me recommending it – I am a sucker for personal recommendations, as all my friends know! You can make me read practically anything by telling me you’re sure I’ll love it and that it’s similar to another book I’ve loved.