“I’ve read 58 books so far this year (in 7 months), which is more than I read in the whole of last year!”
How I did it: I found as many books I thought I would enjoy as I could and found ways to make time for reading almost every day. I read different lengths of book – short novels as well as longer and have been amazed at how much reading I can get done if I put my mind to it.
Lessons & tips:
- I carried a book everywhere so I could read whenever I was sitting still with no other tasks to do – on the train, whilst waiting to meet friends, etc.
- I still watched TV – but I would decide in advance what programmes I wanted to watch and record them so that I could watch them when I couldn’t read, like when I was eating or painting my nails. I never sat down in front of the TV just for the sake of it.
- I listened to audiobooks when I couldn’t physically read but could concentrate on the words – whilst walking, knitting, cleaning etc.
- I found books I was interested in by reading book reviews on blogs, I’m really into YA and I’d recommend Chicklish and Leaving Shangri-La. I also found new authors by using the Literature-Map.
- I got books from my local library, bookstores, charity shops and via online book exchange websites Bookmooch and readitswapit.
- I downloaded free mp3 audio books from LibriVox.
It took me 7 months. It made me delighted!
See more progress on: Read more
Leave a Reply