This is my twenty-third Top Ten Tuesday post. Top Ten Tuesday was created and is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I thought it would be silly to mention the books without showing them to you, so this week I bring you a video!
1. The World’s Wife, by Carol Ann Duffy (Picador, 2000) – simple but eyecatching!
2. The Book of Blood and Shadow, by Robin Wasserman (Atom, 2012) – blue and purple and pretty, a really well designed cover, I think.
3. The Iron King, by Julie Kagawa (Mira INK, 2011) – glitter, swirls, and thorns. Just lovely.
4. Under the Never Sky, by Veronica Rossi (Atom, 2012) – gorgeous illustration, title in the colours of a sunset.
5. The Magic Toyshop, by Angela Carter (Virago, 2008) – I chose this one specifically for the cover, which is fabric-covered and features an array of puppets.
6. Nights At The Circus, by Angela Carter (Picador, 1985) – just fantastic, Fevvers in all her winged glory and a starry leotard!
7. Vile Bodies, by Evelyn Waugh (The Great Writers Library, 1988) – fabulous Art Deco styling.
8. The Secrets of Jin-Shei, by Alma Alexander (HarperCollins, 2004) – the kind of design you’d expect for historical fiction set in Asia, but beautiful nonetheless.
9. Let’s Get Lost, by Sarra Manning (Hodder Childrens/Bite, 2006) – eyecatching, black and pink illustration.
10. Dramarama, by E. Lockhart (Hyperion, 2007) – bold yet classy.
Have you chosen any of my selections? What did you think of my foray into YouTube?